Mini Back Story
COVID-19 and it’s accompanying quarantine brought about many changes for most of us. I for one, had to stop working and so I decided to take on the task of cooking lunches and snacks for our family of six. For fun, I filmed the first lunch-making process and found it satisfying to watch so I kept at it.
Now, I just want to share them with you!
My mom likes mediterranean food (yes, she’s Korean haha) and I found a box of couscous in the pantry so I decided to go from there. Here’s a mediterranean salad that’s fresh, tangy, and filling!
1 (8oz) box couscous
1 (16oz) can of olives
1 (16oz) can of tomatoes
1 (16oz) can of black beans
1 large cucumber
5-6 small bell peppers
1-2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp dried parsley
1 tbsp dried oregano
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Cook couscous as directed by packaging. Once cooked, set aside to cool down.
- Drain and add olives, tomatoes, and black beans to large mixing bowl
- Dice cucumbers, chop the bell peppers, and add to bowl.
- Add cheese, parsley, and oregano.
- Add cooled couscous.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well.
- Add the dressing, and toss the salad until ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Serve and enjoy!
*creates 6-8 servings